Buy Now with Best Price
The time-warping detective series seen on BBC America
Dreaming, delusional, or displaced in time? Police detective Sam Tyler (John Simm, State of Play) must decide which describes him in this intriguing twist on the police procedural that has won two International Emmys® and rave reviews from critics and fans.
Hot on a killer’s trail in modern-day Manchester, Tyler gets struck by a passing car and wakes up in 1973. The high-tech tools and respect for proper procedure have vanished. Instead, he finds himself working on a homicide squad where hard drinking replaces hard thinking; forensics takes weeks to analyze; and his boss, DCI Gene Hunt (Philip Glenister, Cranford), has no qualms about roughing up suspects--or Sam himself. Still, Tyler has real-world crimes to solve, even as strange voices call him back to his 21st century life. But when he bonds with sympathetic policewoman Annie Cartwright (Liz White, The Fixer), Sam wonders: does he really want to return?
- Audio commentaries for every episode with cast and crew
- "Take a Look at the Lawman," an hour-long documentary with cast and crew interviews and behind-the-scenes footage
- Interview clip with director Bharat Nalluri
- "The Music of Life on Mars" featurette with composer Ed Butt
- "Get Sykes" featurette with production designer Brian Sykes
- Outtakes reel
Factory sealed DVD